First of all, we would like to emphasize that your data and privacy are of great importance to us. You provide us with your data and we therefore feel responsible to treat this data with the utmost caution and confidentiality. In the following policy we describe in a clear and transparent way how we use and process your personal data.
By visiting our website or providing us with information, you agree to our privacy practices as set forth in this policy. We may change this policy from time to time. You may check this policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version. Changes to this policy may also be communicated via the website or by email where possible and/or appropriate.
Should you have any further questions regarding your data and privacy, please contact us using the details provided in our contact section.
2. Who are we?
When in this policy we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘Hotel Harmony’, we refer to the legal entity Jovany NV, a company incorporated under Belgian law with company number BE0479.912.448 located at Gaversesteenweg 909 in B-9820 Melsen, Belgium. The operating address is Hotel Harmony, Kraanlei 37, 9000 Ghent, Belgium.
3. General Information
Hotel Harmony collects and processes your data in the framework of its activities. It acts in accordance with the ” Law of 08.12.1992 on the protection of privacy with respect to the processing of personal data” and in accordance with the “General Data Protection Regulation” applicable in the entire European Union from 25 May 2018.
The privacy law can be consulted online at this link.
4. Collection of personal data
Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact a unique individual. In order to provide our services, we will collect and process information about users of our website and about guests. Therefore, we may process any information, including personal data, that you provide to our clients or to an online travel agency regarding a reservation.
Personal data processed by us includes (but is not limited to) the following: name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, date of birth, records of our interactions and travel information.
We retain your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide the relevant service, or as long as is specified in any relevant contract you have with us. We regularly review our personal data retention periods. We may also be required to retain certain types of data to comply with legal obligations.
5. How do we collect your data?We collect personal data from and about users of our websites and our clients’ guests through our services.
Information you give us:
This is information about you that you provide to us directly through a contract, through our websites, or by reaching us by phone, email or through other communication channels. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website or services, when you report a problem with our website or services, when you sign up for a newsletter, and when you provide us with information about the nature of a question or problem.
Information you provide regarding your reservations and related information.
Information we collect about you:
When you visit our website, we automatically collect:
– Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to particular pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse clicks) and methods used to browse away from the page.
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser input types and versions, and operating system and platform.
Information we receive from other sources:
– Personal information provided to us by travel agents or online travel sites using the various Cubilis services and modules.
– Personal information provided by our customers using the various Hotel Harmony software services and modules.
– Personal information provided by our customers through use of hotel wifi network (Wifibri Compoint).
6. What do we do with your data?
We use information held about you to administer agreements between you and us and for the legitimate interests of our business, for example processing guest data from our customers to process bookings and reservations.
We will use the information you give us for the following purposes:
To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
To fulfill our obligations under contracts between you and us.
to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to services you have already subscribed to or requested.
To keep you informed of changes to our services.
to ensure that the content of our website can be presented in the most efficient way.
We will use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
– to administer our websites and for internal purposes, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, as well as for statistical and survey purposes.
-to improve our website to ensure that content is displayed in the most efficient manner.
– As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We may also aggregate your data into an anonymized form to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which areas of the website are of most interest to visitors.
7. With whom do we share your information?
We may from time to time make certain personal information available to strategic partners working with Hotel Harmony, such as:
hotels and online travel agencies with whom you have arranged travel, but only the personal information necessary to process your bookings.
in the event of a merger, acquisition or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, whereby personal data that we retain about our customers will be among the assets transferred to the purchaser.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to:
– comply with a court order or other legal obligations or when data is requested by the government or any other official government agency.
– protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our employees, customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes.
8. International transfer of personal data.
9. Your rightsYou have the right to ask us not to process your personal data or not to process it for marketing purposes only. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You may also exercise the right at any time through unsubscribe links present on our email communications or simply by contacting us (see ‘Contact Us’ section).
Our websites may from time to time contain links to websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before sending any personal data to these websites.
For further information regarding your rights under the “General Data Protection Regulation”, please visit this link.
10. Accessing and updating your information.You have the right to access and review the personal information we hold about you. If you make a request, we will make every effort to provide you with access and update it free of charge except in exceptional circumstances.
Before we provide personal information to you or any other person on your behalf, we may ask you for proof of identity and possibly also for information about your interactions with us so that we can find your personal information.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data if we are no longer authorized to use it. You have the right to have your information deleted or the processing restricted under certain circumstances. You also have the right to have your personal data transferred in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory body if you have any concerns about how we use your personal data. Please refer to the ‘Contact Us’ section for information on how to do this.
11. How long do we keep your data?
We retain your personal data for commercial use for up to 5 years after the last customer contact as we consider this a necessary period for the intended purposes of processing.
After this period, your data will be archived anonymously and each data subject will be granted the right to have this data erased.
12. Security Measures
We will treat your personal data with the utmost care and confidentiality in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will take all necessary security measures to prevent “data breaches” and ensure secure processing of personal data.
You reached this external website by following links on our website.
You have reached our website by following a link from an external website.
The website may use “cookies” and other technologies such as “pixel tags” and “web beacons.” These technologies help us deliver a better and more personalized service by allowing us to:
estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
store information about your preferences so that we can better tailor services to your individual interests.
speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to the website.
You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings in your browser. Please consult your provider for information on how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the website may not be available if cookies are disabled.
You may provide personal information to us regarding education, employment, contacts, preferences, professional qualifications and jobs when you submit an application. We encourage you not to disclose sensitive personal information (such as height, weight, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, sexual orientation, union or political party membership) in your resume or other materials in support of your application. To the extent that you provide sensitive personal information, you expressly permit Hotel Harmony to treat such details as specified in this Notice.
We will use your personal information for recruitment purposes and if you are offered a job or become employed by Hotel Harmony we will use it for other work-related purposes.
We may also retain your information after the recruitment process is complete to contact you about potential future opportunities for a period of three years from the date of your application. However, we may retain your information longer in anonymized form for statistical purposes.
Hotel Harmony will process personal data mainly on behalf of and for the benefit of its customers and is therefore a “processor” within the meaning of the “General Data Protection Regulation”. It can be contacted by mail or e-mail using the following coordinates:
Address: Kraanlei 37, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0) 9.324.26.80
The data protection supervisory authority may be contacted using the following coordinates:
Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
Address: Press Street 35 at 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0) 2.274.48.00